ENVE 4.5 Clincher R45 20/24
The wind will call you a cheater as you cut through headwinds and crosswinds without notice. The ENVE 4.5 laced to Chris King R45 hubs, with our ultra-smooth bearings and lightweight hubshells, is the premier offering for all-around road performance wheels. This mid-depth aero wheel will take you from neutral roll-out to a three-up sprint to the line more efficiently and comfortably than anything else in the peloton, but don’t be surprised when you cruise past your friends climbing L'Alpe d'Huez.
The ENVE 4.5 is a lightweight, mid-depth, every-race wheelset, packing a serious aerodynamic edge. They make strong winds a breeze with ENVE’s SES aerodynamic profile, reducing drag and improving efficiencies. ENVE’s new brake track makes carbon braking more powerful and consistent than ever. To keep their rims ultralight ENVE uses molded rather than drilled spoke holes, a patented design that makes their wheels lighter and stronger at the same time. ENVE 4.5 are made in Ogden, Utah and backed by a five-year warranty.
The R45 is the culmination of over 30 years of bearing experience and more than 20 years of hub building experience. Our R45 rear hub combines a redesigned RingDrive™ system with 45 teeth for lower drag and near instant engagement, a lightweight hub body, and our legendary made-in-house bearings.
Our bearings, available in steel and ceramic, surgical grade steel races that are machined simultaneously to ensure perfectly matched inner and outer races. The quality and speed of our bearings are what sets us apart from the competition and they are what you will feel and notice on every single ride. As Chris King bearing tracks burnish they get faster with age and all our hubs and bearings are fully serviceable for years upon years of demanding use.
The patented Chris King RingDrive with 45-points of simultaneous engagement will get your power to the ground fast, provide unmatched engagement, and give you that legendary Chris King angry-bee sound.
- Built in-house with legendary Chris King precision
- Chris King R45 20 hole front hub
- Chris King R45 24 hole rear hub
- ENVE 4.5 carbon clincher rims engineered by F1 designer Simon Smart for speed and responsiveness
- Four ENVE valve extenders, a set of ENVE brake pads and ENVE rim strips are included with this wheelset
- ENVE color matched wheel decal kits available for additional purchase separately
- Chris King-backed 5-year warranty on our hubs
- Chris King-backed 5-year crash replacement policy
- ENVE-backed 5-year warranty on rims